Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sausage, broccoli and egg casserole



I hadn’t intended to post today, but just felt I wanted to mention this beautiful casserole Peter made yesterday. His motivation was partly inspired by our garden and partly by the turkey sausage we had on hand. Peter’s version is greatly modified from the original, but you can get that original at http://kittencalskitchen.com/.

From our garden: green and yellow beans, blanched; tomatoes; basil.
From our fridge: leftover gai lan (Chinese broccoli); turkey sausage.
Logical ingredients: eggs, cheese, mascarpone cheese, cottage cheese, onion, salt and pepper, etc.

This is basically a crustless quiche. The proportions of custard to solid matter are absolutely spot on. If you are quiche lover, I think it would be worth a visit to the above site to check out the original recipe.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love this. I've reached an age in life where slower metabolism means I don't eat, though I continue to make, pie crust. This quiche is perfect for my needs and sounds delicious as well. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

I don't usually go for egg casseroles...but OMG that looks good! And even though I like a good crust every now and then, I like that the crust isn't added here, I think the ingredients do fine by themselves!

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers