Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tilapia oreganata


I am here to testify to the great quality of the recipe for Tilapia Oreganata recently posted by Jen (http://jensfoodjourney.blogspot.com/). The flavor is wonderful, the breadcrumb topping crispy, and the fish cooked perfectly at 14 minutes in my oven. Try this!

With her permission, I’m including Jen’s photo of the tilapia.

I was cooking only 2 filets (instead of the 4 in the original recipe) but it was simple to halve the ingredients. I didn’t measure anything, just eyeballed it. I used homemade bread crumbs and turned the fish what I guess you would call “bottom side up.” That’s the flat side and I found it easy to get the crumb mixture to stay on that way. I also used more oregano than called for (dried). I love the oregano flavor.

I took a picture of our dinner plates last night but it is much too blurry to use. The real reason I wanted the picture is because it included fiddlehead ferns sauteed with wild ramps. We’re going to have them again tonight, so I’ll try again. Tune in tomorrow.

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Well this is 2 votes that this dish is very good. Looks like I'm going to have to get brave and try it :)

You found your fiddleheads! Hooray! Where did you end up getting them from?

Unknown said...

I agree with you on the oregano, I would have added much more had I thought about it ahead of time! Glad that you enjoyed it...my mom and dad had it the other night and they loved it too. It's just so simple and fresh. YUM!
Can't believe you found fiddleheads..looking forward to that post!

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers