Monday, March 7, 2011

Baked penne pasta


Okay, it's going to take me a couple of days to solve the camera problem (missing cable to connect to computer). I acquired the picture above from a free image site. You're all being very understanding and supportive. Yesterday on Food Network there were not one, not two, but three shows about lasagna. It made me hungry. But I didn't want to have to go out to buy lasagna noodles. So I made “lasagna” with penne pasta. There's probably a name for this but I don't know what it is.


Cook 1 box penne pasta al dente.

Blanch ½ bunch kale leaves for 6 minutes; drain; squeeze out water; chop.

Saute onion, garlic and sausage.

Add 28 oz. tomatoes, bay leaves, dried basil, onion powder, red pepper flakes. Simmer 30 minutes.

Layer the pasta with sauce, penne, kale, ricotta, mozzarella, and then on top, romano cheese.

Repeat layers until everything is used up.

45 minutes in the convection oven covered with foil. 10 minutes uncovered.

That's all folks!

3 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

This sounds really good Stephen. I like the idea of lasagna flavors w/o making a big old pan of it. this is a keeper!

Pam said...

Great way to improvise, Stephen! It sounds delicious and makes for a perfect meal.

Unknown said...

I love baked penne! I used to go to this Italian restaurant here called Riazzi's at least twice a month when I first moved out here. Every other time I would have to get there baked penne...it was the bomb!!!

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers