Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'm back - with Tomatillo Gazpacho


I never stopped cooking - I just stopping blogging. But I'm back and very enthusiastic once again.

Last Sunday I prepared a 6-course dinner for 8. It included olive tapenade (2 types), this gazpacho, a wilted kale salad, sauteed trout filets, potato salad, and chocolate cake with homemade ice cream.

Tomatillos can be prepared raw or cooked. I prefer roasting them.

Tomatillo Gazpacho (serves 4)
 1 lb tomatillos (of similar size)
2 garlic cloves, mashed
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
15 oz broth (vegetable or chicken)
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 avocado, sliced
scallions, finely chopped
piquillo peppers, diced

In a 400 degree oven roast the tomatillos until softened, about 10 minutes. Let them cool for a few minutes.

Place them in a food processor with the garlic, 1/2 of the cucumber, bell pepper, jalapeno. Puree.

Combine with the broth, sugar and salt and pepper.

Serve warm or chilled, or at room temperature, garnished with avocado and scallions and piquillo peppers (optional).

No comments:

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers