Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tilapia






Here are a few fun photos of tilapia.
I did something radical yesterday. I bought and cooked tilapia. It tastes very good, but there are questions out there about its nutritional value (short on omega 3's e. g.). The same is apparently true of my beloved catfish. Oh well, a person's gotta eat. I did this in the simplest way possible. Butter and a bit of olive oil in a big skillet; paprika, salt and pepper, and then flour on the fish. About 3 minutes per side.

4 comments:

Pam said...

It's the same age old question when the government is involved. One year it's a healthy food and then another scientific study says it's not good for you. I love catfish and tilapia too so eat both.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! - I thought you weren't ever going to eat tilpia again?!
Mary

Shu Han said...

Never knew about the issue with omega 3! Thanks for bringing that up! The fish looks amazing though, soft, flakey.. would probably close one eye like you ;)

Chris said...

The catfish I have had has more problem than a lack of O3's. It was at an Alabama hunting lodge cooking by an authentic soul food chef using pure lard.

I didn't shoot even shoot my rifle or shotgun during either trip but I also didn't have a heart attack after eating the deep fried everything menu, either. So I guess it's a draw:)

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers