Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dirty turkey rice cakes


Ok, lousy blurry picture. I just wanted to pick my fork back up and chow down.
Every now and then you go to the kitchen and do something that justs blows you away. In this case it was a collaborative effort. Peter and I wanted to do something fun with the considerable quantity of leftover dirty rice. Rice cakes was the solution. However, sometimes things like that are apt to fall apart in a saute pan when you try to turn them over. So … we got creative.

To the rice we added: 2 eggs, chopped turkey, parsley, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese (maybe more stuff I don’t remember).

Decided to bake the cakes. Put a piece of foil on a small cutting board, sprayed it with Pam so we could just slide them onto a baking sheet.

Set the oven to 350 and put the baking pan in to heat up while the oven did same.

Baked the cakes for 25 minutes without turning them. Wonder of wonders, they were marvelous.

The side dish of sautéed baby bok choy is something I wrote about a few days ago. The most basic recipe imaginable: 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine (Shiaxing). Toss the bok choy in the butter and oil for about 2 minutes. Add the wine. Keep tossing for another minute or two. Done!

7 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Great left over redo! They look great :)

Pam said...

Oh my! The frog is missing two legs! ;) Your rice cakes sound divine! And I really like your way with the bok choy! It all sounds delicious and you are very ingenious with leftovers! I will be trying rice cakes, never have done that.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is the kind of dish that I love. It would be perfect with your bok choy. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

This is great! I love that you baked them and they still turned out better then you imagined! Great call on utilizing the leftovers!

Pam said...

I've never had dirty turkey rice cakes but I have a feeling I would love them.

Mel said...

Clever idea to use up your dirty rice in such a wonderful application!

Chris said...

I feel so....dirty after reading this post:)

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers