Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fish cakes redux

No dux were hurt during the preparation of this dish.

I've made a bunch of fish cakes since my last post of them. Never, I mean never folks, have they been this good. Food process 8 oz shrimp and 10-12 oz white fish (I had swai) along with 2 egg whites, and a few chopped scallions. With wet hands, form 6 patties and coat them with the most special bread crumbs you can come up with (I made some from leftover Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits). Salt and pepper them to taste and fry in 1/4 inch oil about 2 minutes per side. They were crispy on the out ... soft and delicate at the in.

One of the things I've discovered is that I like my cakes to be less shrimp than white fish (flounder, catfish - both are good - swai is better).



7 comments:

Pam said...

This would work! It's about the same way I make salmon patties. What really excited me though, was that cute little plate with the fishy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous - so quick, I love that these are whizzed up in the food processor - delicious!
Mary x

Knatolee said...

Mmmm, nom nom nom! Must try these!!

chow and chatter said...

looks perfect :-) and lots of fish meat

Unknown said...

They do sound fabulous! And I love that you used biscuits as your bread crumbs... very inventive!! :)

Chris said...

wild, I wonder if the biscuit crumbs made the difference? If I could substitute the fish with more shrimp, I'm good!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

I love fish cakes too and i agree I like more of the shrimp flavor and texture to the fish but both together are fantastic in the cakes

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers