Sunday, April 24, 2011

Little lamb, little innocent lamb







I needed a vegetable, so I invited George W. Bush. Whah, hah, hah, that's funny.












I can tell how "offal"-putting my last post was. I'm back on the straight and narrow now. I can't promise you I won't challenge you again in the future, but for the moment let's just enjoy the residual feelings of joy and satisfaction from Easter weekend and the victuals we shared with our families. My dinner was a simple one. I had a decent lamb loin chop, a baked potato and some sauteed spinach. All in all a lovely meal. I did nothing special with the lamb - got my skillet screaming hot, seasoned it with salt and pepper and a bit of minced dried rosemary. Two and 1/2 minutes per side was all it needed (it wasn't very thick). Of course I got the potato and spinach completely under control before even considering cooking the meat.

7 comments:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

We love lamb! Its actually the only meat I make at Easter and a tradition... I could eat a ton more your picture looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

I wish my picky eater liked lamb, I thought about cooking it all day :) Our sirloin roast turned out ok, but it wasn't lamb... :(

Pam said...

You crack me up and now I'm speechless...

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds like a lovely Easter meal. Your photos today are wonderful. I hope you had a good holiday and were not to lonesome. As to the peas - I cook them in their frozen state and add them at the 10 minute mark. Take care. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

Sounds like a perfect Easter dinner to me.

Katie said...

I love lamb! I wish my college budget could accommodate more of it...:)

Chris said...

Lamb loin chops are my preferred cut of lamb because when grilled, they are almost "beefy". Spinach and potatoes, yum, perfect pairing for this chop.

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers