Wednesday, April 13, 2011

So ... wings! (Part 2)



I finally got these "wangs" cooked. They were good. But then you knew that. You don't cook things that aren't good, and neither do I. (Or is it that we never confess our failures?) No matter, we're all adults here. Wings - roasted at 275 degrees for 2 and 1/2 hours after marinating (for 4 days!) in wine, chicken broth, miso paste, garlic and onion powders and black pepper.




Any one of you could cook these wings as well as I did. The great thing about them is (not only are they good) there's lots of them. I got one of those value packs I sometimes talk about as the only sensible alternative to buying whole chickens. Golly, gee, we've been having a great time with the grits Bo sent me. The stone ground ones take 30 minutes whereas the "quick" variety take about 8 minutes. You know what? They are both really good. Cheesy grits - one of nature's miracles. Give me a chicken wing and a bit of baked potato and then just shoot me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL... you crack me up!!
So did the skin get crispy on the wings?

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Miso and wine, life is divine! As far as failures go, you can tell how well I've been doing in the kitchen based on my posts, lots of posts, lots of successes. Slow period, well lets not discuss those meals LOL. ok not all are fails - many are things I've already blogged about...but still :)

Unknown said...

I could eat a bucket of wings. fact.
The wings sound delicious.
I never had grits before and I really want to try it. I must remember to get some when I'm in the city next time.

Pam said...

After you sign up for the comedy club, can I be your agent?

The wings sound fantastic and I think baked potatoes are the absolute perfect food. The restaurant we chose for our celebration tonight serves 1 pound baked potatoes. Shoot me too!

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

"Wangs" -- hahahahaha! Love it :-) And a four-day marinade!!! I only do them overnight. ...so, that's why my wangs come out so terrible. Hum....

Chris said...

I bet they were tender and flavor rich after 4 days in the taste bath.

I agree with the bulk wing purchase. We just got 10lbs of leg quarters for $5.90. A lot of meals for a little money makes my wallet happy.

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers