Monday, August 1, 2011

Egg week - day 2 - scramble your eggs




This will initially seem so prosaic: scrambled eggs. However, I have a way of making them that brings a unique texture to the result. I will add some cheese near the end. This is naturally entirely at your discretion.
For two portions you can use 4 or 6 eggs, just depends on how hungry you are. The method is the same no matter how many eggs you use.
Instead of whisking the eggs all together in a bowl, break them one by one in melted butter in a non-stick pan over low/medium heat. Use a fork or a whisk to break them up but not mix them together. Season them with salt and pepper, paprika if you wish, and dried tarragon if you wish. As the eggs set on the bottom, gently stir/turn them with your fork, or better yet a spatula. When they are nearly set get them out of the pan and stir in some cheese (again optional).
What I like about doing them this way is you get the mouth feel of both the white and the yolk. I've never known anyone else to make scrambled eggs this way, but it's my method – take it or leave.

7 comments:

Bo said...

Not the way I do it...but I prefer mine fried.

purabi naha said...

Oh...I love scrambled eggs anytime. Your s look great!

Unknown said...

I'm with Bo, I prefer my eggs fried, but I've had to learn to sort of "perfect" scrambled eggs as that is the only way Chris will eat them. My grandma used to scramble them in the pan too. She's the only one I've ever seen do that. :)

Unknown said...

I like scrambled eggs and sometime with cheese when I'm feeling the need to indulge :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

After years and years of scrambled egg flops I bought new pans. I love my Caphalon hard anodized non stick skillets for scrambled eggs :) I'll have to make mine like yours next time, I prefer a fried egg over scrambled - I bet I'd like your way :)

Unknown said...

These look beautiful! I will have to give your meathod a try...looking forward to it!

Chris said...

I usually whisk mine together until well blended but I get the point of doing it this way. I think this is how my grandma made them.

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers