Friday, August 19, 2011

Pad Thai - sort of





I'm not sure we started out intending to make pad Thai. What we ended up with though was very pad Thai-ish. I found another of the pork loin top loin roasts yesterday. Sounds like something that needs a long cooking time. However, yours truly brines like a fool. 3 hours for this - and then I cut it into 4 pieces that looked a lot like 1 inch thick pork chops. In the meantime Peter made a very mild-flavored peanut sauce and cooked 2 packages of ramen noodles (without the flavor packets). After cooking my "chops" I let them rest for a few minutes and then sliced them thin. We put all this together in a big bowl, garnished it with some cilantro and chopped scallions. It was lovely. I can't give you a recipe any more precise than this, but you can Google pad Thai and spend the rest of your life making it. Based on this, and on past experience, I would suggest that many recipes call for too much peanut. Many of them include peanuts as a garnish. We like a sauce with some peanut butter in it. I gotta tell you though that this particular cut of pork (after brining) turns out some fine hunks o' meat.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Pad Thai though I have never made it, go figure. I'm with you on the peanut sauce. Although I love peanut butter, some sauces do call for far too much!

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

Awwww! Couples cooking. Darling. And the recipe sounds delicious.

Pam said...

I've never had this but peanut sauce works for me!

Pam said...

I always order Pad Thai with a side of peanut sauce. Your dinner sounds excellent.

P.S. My 8 year old daughter was thrilled with all the sweet comments about the dinner she made.

Chris said...

I really don't care much for peanut butter but a thai peanut sauce is one of my favorite of all sauces.

On second thought, peanut butter cookies are my favorite too.

Maybe I just don't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers