Friday, October 26, 2012

Coldcut loaf




Here's a kinky bit from my repertoire. It's construction is very straight-forward and it's ingredients are entirely negotiable. Here are some choices: some or all - mortadella, salami, boiled ham, pressed turkey or chicken breast, bologna, pepperoni, prosciutto, and some cheese. I would like to have used capicola but couldn't get it at my Giant. I used some Mexican queso fresco which is much like mozzarella. Grease up a glass loaf pan and layer in the meats and cheese in any order you prefer. Cover with foil and place a weight on top. Bake in a 300 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Let cool and then refrigerate for a couple of hours before slicing and serving as an appetizer, an amuse bouche, or a filling for a rollup or a sandwich. It's fun, it's tasty, it's me.

4 comments:

Chris said...

This idea is fantastic. I want to make this and then smoke it (low temp of course so cheese won't melt).

Pam said...

Another original that sounds good. I've made salami, but nothing like this, but will.

Unknown said...

This is a great idea, Stephen! The possibilities of the ingredients to use could be endless too! Love it!

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Really great idea! I might have to try this Stephen!

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers