Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hummus - with humor



This is a truly fun thing to have. Unless it isn't. You have to like garbanzos and you have to like tahini. It is extremely easy to make. Just needs a food processor. Start with a can of garbanzos (it will be 14 or 15 oz). Rinse and combine in the food processor with tahini (maybe 1 or 1 1/2 Tbs), juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper, and a bit of olive oil. You must take charge of this and use amounts of these ingredients that make sense to you. I will not be holding your hand. Buzz this up. Put it into a bowl. Drizzle the top with a bit more olive oil. Serve with bits of pita.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No hand hold? Dang it!! Ok, fine, I think I could manage this one on my own :) Actually, I've been saying for the past few weeks I need to make hummus...now if I can just remember to pick up tahini!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds delicious and your directions are flawless as well as funny. Have a great day, Stephen. Blessings...Msry

Anonymous said...

Super picture - lovely recipe - it's a winner.
Mary

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers