Sunday, May 8, 2011

More roaster chicken






Yesterday I talked about chicken piccata. But then I had to decide what to do with the rest of the roaster bird. Removed the legs, thighs and wings and put the rest into a pot for 3 hours to make broth (including all the giblets). Brined the chicken for 3 hours, rinsed, dried, roasted at 375 degrees for just over an hour. Wow, it was like the chicken I would get for Sunday dinner (just erroneously typed "Sunday sinner"} as a youngster. It was actually something my mother could do fairly well. After brining I of course added no more salt. I did add black pepper and dried tarragon (again, slipping it past Peter, who isn't crazy about it). This stuff was really good!




2 comments:

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEWSPAPER NOD!!!!! That is freakin' awesome!

Unknown said...

Love roasted chicken..and the simpler the better! I can't believe that Chris likes something Peter does not... tarragon!!

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers