Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whatever you have omelet/frittata


I hadn’t had any intention of documenting this omelet/frittata until it came out from under the broiler. It looked so good and, moments later, tasted so good, I just thought I’d share. Now, mind you, nobody ever has exactly the same leftovers in the fridge, so if you try anything like this it will be your very own.

For dinner last night I tried a Rachel Ray recipe for oven-fried Mexican peppers, coated with egg and breadcrumbs and baked at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. I won’t make it again quite the same way. The peppers did taste quite lovely though. Subsitute any cooked peppers (or cook them for this recipe) you might have. The hotdogs just happened to be in our possession (in the freezer).

This is an easy way to throw a lunch on the table.

Whatever you have omelet/frittata
4 large eggs
2 tbsp lite sour cream
¾ cup frozen corn
2 turkey hotdogs, cut into 1/4” rounds
1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat broiler with a rack in the second slot from the top of the oven.

In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sour cream, salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick pan. Toss in the frozen corn (not necessary to thaw it) and hotdogs. Stir them a bit for about 2 minutes. Pour in the eggs and top with the cheese.

When the bottom of the concoction is set, place it under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until the top is set. That’s it. Serve it up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmm....I was never a big omelet fan growing up, but I have so found my love for them now! It does look really really good!! I love your canvas :)

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

Love your style :-) And I gave you a nod today on my blog.

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers