Saturday, June 18, 2011

Shrimp with green sauce













Some years ago I ordered an appetizer at a restaurant in Denver. It was shrimp in green sauce. It was fabulous. My waiter gave me some guidance as to what was in it. I managed to reconstruct it at home.

Remove the lower stems from a bunch of cilantro and put the bunch into the food processor. It took some doing to figure out the proportions of these remaining ingredients, but I started slow and built it up. Add the following:


juice of 1/2 a lime

1 Tbs white vinegar

2 garlic cloves, chopped fine

a splash of olive oil

a couple pinches of salt and pepper


This is where I started. Once you buzz this up you can remove it to a bowl to make further adjustments.





5 comments:

Jenn said...

I had an idea for a green sauce like this after a meal we had at The Elephant Bar. I'm going to definitely try this one first and see how close it is to what I had. Thanks for this!

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen said...

Lovely flavors.
Mary

Pam said...

This is my kind of sauce! I love cilantro.

Aarthi said...

Hai Dear

This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...Please check out my blog..It is for food lovers and person who love to cook..You could find so many recipes that you can easily try at home..I update this blog on a regular basis…So please follow me and motivate me..Thank you
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com

Aarthi

Chris said...

Yeah, I like this sauce. I could see it working well with scallops too.

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers