Sunday, September 11, 2011

Don't let your meatloaf







I bought a package of breakfast sausages at Safeway yesterday and thought and thought about what to do with them. We don't eat breakfast. Then the meatloaf idea hit me. I chose to keep this very simple: sausage, panade (bread and milk), onion and egg. Into a 350 oven until you achieve 175 degrees. Top it with some catsup near the end if you wish. Serve with some hot sauce if that is what floats your boat. I added no additional seasonings since the sausage itself is quite well-seasoned. The photo of the sausage above shows it cooked. What I put into the meatloaf was not cooked.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea - LOVE the idea of the sausage for the meatloaf - and it looks delicious.
Mary

Unknown said...

I've used Italian sausage in my meatloaf before, but never thought to make it fully out of breakfast sausage! I bet that was delicious!!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Now that ain't grandma's meatloaf! Looks fantastic and an absolute must try! Thanks, Stephen!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

What a cool idea!!! Love you creativity!

Pam said...

I bet the sausage made the meatloaf extra tasty!

Pam said...

You don't eat breakfast???? OMG, that's my fave meal of the day and meatloaf is one of fave foods. Yours looks great. I always add sausage to it and make it about like you do with lots of seasoned pepper.

Chris said...

My very favorite part of meatloaf is meatloaf sandwiches the next day. You just can't beat that!

My biggest leap in making good meatloaf was when someone told me to only use the loaf pan for the first half of the cook. Inverting it out of the pan during the last half keeps it from cooking in grease.

How did you like the sausage by itself? Would it be better mixing with ground pork or beef?

Blog Archive

Tuesday Tag-Along

Tuesday Tag-Along

Foodie BlogRoll

Followers